Overview of Dar Al-Ajaza Al-Islamia Association
In the late nineteen forties, and after having presided over the Islamic Neighborhoods Committees Association, Prime Minister Hussain Al Uwaini formed a committee presided by him, originating from the Association, and it was named Dar Al-Ajaza Al-Islamia Committee (Islamic Nursing Home); Its members included: Hajj Jamil Al Rawas, Hajj Jamil Al Hachache, pharmacist Ismail Al-Shafihi and Hajj Abdul Rahman Al-Dana. Among the major duties and missions of the committee was the establishment of a nursing home for the elderly in Beirut.
- Dar Al-Ajaza Al-Islamia is a charitable humanitarian foundation which provides general medical services ever since its establishment in 1952.
- Dar Al-Ajaza Al-Islamia receives patients without any discrimination between confessions, religions, rites, areas and nationalities.
- Dar Al-Ajaza Al-Islamia opened its doors to receive the elderly and sick on April 30, 1954.
- Dar Al-Ajaza Al-Islamia created a new section for the treatment of patients with mental and psychological illnesses in 1959.
- The foundation’s name became: Dar Al-Ajaza Al-Islamia Hospital.
For more information about Dar Al Ajaza Al Islamia Association, please click here.